Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My boys are 7 . . . where has the time gone?

Carter & Parked turned 7 on June 13th. They were able to have their first friend party and were so excited! They had seven friends come - mostly from their kindergarten class and ward. They had such a great time blowing up balloons, trying to stand up with hands locked behind their backs with a partner, popsicles, and a guessing game. The children were all very well behaved and were so fun to have over.
On the morning of their birthday, Michael had planned to have the 3rd Beck Race. We were so lucky to have Grandpa Adamson at our house to come with us. He came up for my cousins, Anna Marie's wedding since mom was at Youth Conference. I loved having him come and stay with us for a few days.

The Beck Race was fun and the kids LOVED being able to run, run & run! We had some light sprinkling, but nothing that ruined the experience. Even Bradley enjoyed running around the Lehi track once with Camille's help.
After the race, we headed back to our house for a birthday party. Carter got a fishing cake and Parker a worm cake. I had put together a game to guess which picture was Carter & Parker. I was realizing while doing it that I even had a hard time with some of the pictures. I need to make sure I write on every picture since the older they get, the harder it is for me to remember who is who as a baby. Carter & Parker even told us some things that are different about each of them. Since I don't remember exactly what they said one month ago, this is what they said today.

from Carter - "Parker doesn't like strawberries and I do. You can tell by our faces that mine is more circular and his is more oval. My favorite color is red. I like to play Wii."

from Parker - "Carter doesn't like to get pictures taken and I do. I like spaghetti and Carter likes pizza with ranch and I don't like ranch. My favorite color is green. Carter is a little funnier than me and I'm not that funny."
I can't believe how fast these past 7 years have flown by. I never realized how much my life would change with twins. There have been so many fun and wonderful times these past 7 years. I love Carter & Parker so much. They are both such great friends to each other (even though there are definitely times when I wonder why they fight so much). They must have decided that they didn't want to be separated on Earth, so they came down as twins. They definitely have so many awesome experiences as twins - like a constant best friend. I love you so much and am so glad you are both a part of our family.

No comments: