Sunday, February 19, 2012

September part I

Trampoline - When I started hearing that my children wanted to play at other kids houses because they had a trampoline, I started thinking that we really need to just break down and get one.  I kept thinking that my backyard was too small to have one, but decided even though it takes up a huge chunk of the grassy area, it would be used for many things including to get the boys many wiggles out.  I started looking online for a used and new trampoline.  We ended up opting for a used once since it was hard to justify the price difference.  We found this one for $75 in Orem that was about 4 years old, but barely used.  It came with a cover for the springs, but started falling off immediately and breaking into pieces.  We went without one for a week until Carter had a pretty good mishap.  He was doing one of his many crazy moves which included doing a front wards flip when he ended up landing right on the springs with his mouth .  It knocked his top baby tooth out and made his bottom tooth loose.  There was also a huge blood blister on his lip.  Poor guy!  I felt so bad for him and decided at that time we needed to get a cover for the springs.  I later found out that the only reason Carter hit the springs was because he started the jump in the middle of the trampoline which caused him to land on the springs.  So after $70, we got a nice new mat to protect my very adventurous boys from hurting themselves:).  

Parker is my most daring child on the tramp.  He seems to have no fear and I have to sometimes turn my head when he jumps with the fear he will hurt his neck.  He does front flips, back flips and what my kids call "gainer" (a back flip where you actually go forwards).  It looks way cool.

We only had the tramp a couple of nights when Byron let them sleep on it.  Poor Bradley has a way too overprotective mom to let him also enjoy with the kids.  They all loved it and even had a mom that remembered to turn off the sprinklers that night:).  Camille, Parker, Carter, Tanner & Johnathan


 The kids spent every moment they could out on the tramp for about the first month.  They have so many different games they enjoy playing on it.  (Carter with white shirt and Parker with blue shirt).


 All of the kids got some alone time to show mom their cool tricks.
 Parker
 Carter
Johnathan
Tanner

Pocket knives - When I got the monthly newsletter saying that Carter & Parker would be carving soap for scouts, I got very nervous.  We have had way too many mishaps with knives when the boys were young.  Tanner and Johnathan both sliced their fingers pretty good when they first started using them.  So the thought of letting my 9 year olds each use them when I wasn't around to supervise made me very nervous.  Brother Boyle taught them the safety of knives and helped them.  Unfortunately both Carter & Parker needed to get a band aid at one time during the carving session.  Yes - that would be my boys - luckily it wasn't very deep, but still scary enough for me to know that they need to be 11 or 12 to use them again.  They had fun making some cool soap creations, though.  Carter carved a football and Parker carved a "Y."
Lagoon -Byron had his company party at Lagoon this year.  We had missed going for a couple of years and was so excited that they chose to have it here again.  We went from around 5-10 p.m., but were able to do everything we wanted to and some.  With Carter & Parker being so close in size to ride on the roller coasters, we really hoped this would be the year for them since it is always so hard with children pretty old and not being able to ride them.  We got to the first roller coaster and Carter was right on the mark and Parker right under.  Unfortunately poor Parker ended up sitting out as the older 4 were able to ride all of them.  Parker was a great sport as he went with Byron, Bradley and I to other rides.  I ended up getting Parker a Slurpee to help make him happy - sugar always helps, right?  We had a great time and enjoyed the fun rides.  For dinner, we got hamburgers and hot dogs thanks to NuSkin - it was delicious!  Their new ride, BomBora, was a really fun roller coaster that even Bradley could ride.  He was terrified, though, so never would ride it again until later that evening getting up enough courage to try it.
Carter (green shorts) & Parker (blue shorts)












Camille & Parker on the skyride.
Tanner, Johnathan & Parker on the "Music Express."


Byron let the kids play a game where you had 3 chances to knock down the plates.  Tanner ended up winning a cute penguin.


As the night was ending, Carter & I went on the white roller coaster.  I noticed as I went with Carter that the worker wasn't looking too closely at height.  As soon as we got off, I immediately got Parker to come with me on it.  Luckily he got on - maybe that wasn't the safest thing, but he was so close in height and so sad he couldn't ride the rides.  He loved it and had a huge smile on his face after we got off.

Tanner - Soccer games started and were every weekend somewhere in Lehi/SLC area.  He started getting really good at being defender (even though he preferred to be the forward).  He has made some great friends though soccer and can't get enough of it.



No comments: