Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Camille performances


Camille started taking voice lessons at the beginning of September. She has LOVED it. I go to all of her lessons and enjoy just hearing what her teacher tells her and different techniques they learn. A couple of weeks ago the YW/YM in our ward did an talent show. Camille was quick to decide what she wanted to perform - one of the songs she had been practicing in voice - "On My Own" from Les Miserables. She did an amazing job. I don't know where this confidence comes from :). Thanks to Becki for recording it for me and Kelly Kunz for playing the piano.


Last night Camille had her first voice recital. She was lucky enough to be the first one on the list. She had 3 songs she sang in consecutive order - unfortunately for her she forgot the words for the last 2 songs in different spots, but once she remembered them she started singing with such amazing confidence. I will put the first song below called "It Was A Lover and His Lass." This song Camille absolutely hated from day one - I enjoyed hearing her sing different types of music, though. The second song is "God Help the Outcasts."

I love hearing Bradley walking through the house singing Camille's voice songs. We all get a good laugh out of him - he doesn't care what others think and is just his crazy self. Last night at Camille's performance, Bradley said 2 funny things I have to write about - Grandma Beck was holding Bradley on his lap entertaining him while his Uncle Michael sat next to them. Michael was pulling things out of his pockets to entertain Bradley with. He had pulled out his wallet and was letting Bradley look at some different things inside. Then he pulled out a comb and handed it to Bradley. Bradley looked at it and said, "Where did you get this, D.I.?" I do not know where he comes up with these things. Then on the way home Camille asked Bradley where his blanket was. He proceeded to say in a very confident voice, "I have no IDEA."


7 comments:

Melanie said...

Amazing voice. Thanks for posting these for all of us to enjoy! Keep up the great work, Camille!

Unknown said...

Wow, she is amazing. She does have wonderful confidence and I am not sure where she gets that but she gets her beautiful voice from her mother.

Bradley is so hilarious. I love his DI comment.

Carrrie said...

I always love hearing Camille sing! Beautiful! I am glad you decided to go for it with the voice lessons. She will grow so much! :)

Stephanie Johnson said...

Incredible singing (and hand movements). Great job Camille!

tamster17 said...

How neat! She does a great job and it was fun to see her perform in the video!

Patty said...

I didn't realize that Camille was taking voice lessons. She has such a beautiful voice and she is so willing to share it others. Who knows where it will take her. What a wonderful opportunity.
I enjoyed all of her songs.

That Bradley she is a cutie. What a little ray of sunshine.

Jared and Danielle said...

Wow nice job Camielle!